Hi! I'm Stephanie. I am excited to be a part of the Chatty Therapy team!
I graduated from the University of Alberta with my Masters in Speech-Language Pathology and completed a thesis project focusing on bilingual speech assessment. Since then, I have worked in a variety of settings with both children and adults. What I love the most is being able to help parents feel empowered to support their child's speech, language, and literacy development at home. I typically come with some prepared activities and games, but am always excited to see where things go and to follow your child's lead - I want therapy to be functional, fun, and motivating for your child! I am particularly passionate about using books in therapy and will always encourage home reading ... but don't worry, I have lots of good tips and tricks to take the focus off reading levels and to create a rich shared-reading experience for you and your child.
• Orofacial Rest Posture Program Certification
• Sensory Integration - Inside Out Sensory Regulation and Processing
• Cognitive Communication for Acquired Brain Injury Certification
• LAMP (Language Acquisition through Motor Planning)
• SAC Webcast: Language Fun Storytime: A Collaboration between S-LPs and Librarians
• Augmentative and Alternative Communication Essentials for Speech Therapists (brIQt Ideas)
• A Crash Course in Literacy Based Therapy for Teletherapists (brIQt Ideas)
• Feel More Confident Understanding and Implementing Minimal Pairs Approach (brIQt Ideas)